Sunday, October 24, 2010

A potato farmer and the policeman

A potato farmer was sent to prison just at the time when he should have been digging the ground for planting the new crop of potatoes. He knew that his wife would not be strong enough to do the digging by herself, but that she could manage to do the planting; and he also knew that he did not have any friends or neighbours who would be willing to do the digging for him. So he wrote a letter to his wife which said, 'Please do not dig the potato field. I hid the money and the gun there.'
Ten days later he got a letter from his wife. It said, 'I think somebody is reading your letters before they go out of the prison, Some policemen arrived here two days ago and dug up the whole potato field. What shall I do now?'
The prisoner wrote back at once, 'Plant the potatoes, of course.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well idea of farming by the government. yea! its funny idea but it becomes funnier when it works in our real life. As I like to read funny stories try to write as well a little bit but when I apply something funny from these stories what I learn, it impacts a lot and I feel soo happy.

    Specially it works on my stress schedule at night as well. as far I do for a healthy sleep and hide stress start reading some short funny bedtime stories for kids searching on google. websites like "storyteeth" are providing some good 'funny bedtime stories for kids' in English for everyone and students as well. I'm just trying to help peoples by sharing my story, and my experiences.

    ReplyDelete