Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mr. Robinson and a hitchhiker

Mr. Robinson was driving to Oxford one cloudy day when he saw a hitch-hiker holding a sign above his head which said CAMBRIDGE. Mr. Robinson thought it unwise to take hitch-hikers, because he had read frightening stories of what some of them did to drivers, but he was a kind man, so he stopped and said, 'You're going to get wet. You're on the wrong road for Cambridge. This road goes to Oxford.'
'Yes, I know,' answered the hitch-hiker gaily, as he got into Mr. Robinson's car. 'That's where I want to go. I only started to wait here a minute ago, and I knew someone would be likely to stop to tell me I was on the wrong road. If I'd held up a sign with OXFORD on it, I might have had to wait for an hour for someone to stop!'

1 comment:

  1. Tribute to titanium sponge - Tatiana Tintori - Tintori - Tatiana Tintori
    Tribute to titanium trekz titanium headphones sponge - Tatiana Tintori. Tintori joico titanium – Tintori – Tintori how to get titanium white octane · Tintori – Tintori · Tintori where can i buy titanium trim – Tintori mens black titanium wedding bands · Tintori – Tintori · Tintori – Tintori · Tintori – Tintori · Tintori

    ReplyDelete