Sunday, October 24, 2010

Lending money

A man met a friend in the street and asked him to lend him five pounds. The friend did so willingly.
A week later they met again. 'You've lent me £5. Lend me another £5, and then I'll owe you £10,' the friend said. The man did so.
A few days later they met again, and friend said, 'You lent me £10. Lend me another £10, and then I'll owe you £20.' The man did this, although he was rather doubtful about doing it.
Two weeks later the friend asked for more money. 'You've already lent me £20. Can you make it £50?' he said.
The man did not answer for a few seconds, but he was unable to refuse.
A month later, the two men met again. 'You've lent me £50 . . . ,' began the friend.
'Who? Me?' answered the men anxiously. 'I disagree! I've never lent you any money!'

No comments:

Post a Comment